第 1 集
· 走遍美国Excuse me. My name is Richard Stewart. I'm a photographer. May take a picture of you and your little boy?
打扰一下,我叫理查德・斯图尔特,是一名摄影师。我可以给你和你的小儿子拍张照吗?
What's it for?
拍这个干什么用?
It's for a book.
是为了一本书。
You're writing a book?
你在写书吗?
It's a book of pictures. I call it Family Album, U.S.A.
是一本影集。我叫它《走遍美国》(Family Album, U.S.A.)。
Oh, that's a nice idea.Well,it's fine if you take our picture. I'm Martha Vann.
哦,真是个好主意。好吧,你可以给我们拍照。我是玛莎·范。
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I'm Richard. What's your name?
谢谢,非常感谢您的帮助。我是理查德。你叫什么名字?
Gerald.
杰拉德。
How old are you, Gerald?
你几岁了,杰拉德?
Five.
5岁。
And where do you live?
你们住在哪里?
We live in California.
我们住在加利福尼亚。
Well, welcome to New York. OK, just a second. I'm almost ready here.
噢,欢迎来到纽约。好,稍等一下,我马上准备好了。
Can I help you?
需要我帮忙吗?
Oh, please. Hold Gerald's hand, please. Great! Now point to the buildings. Terrific! Give Mommy a kiss, Gerald. Nice! Thank you, Gerald. And thank you, Mrs Vann.
哦,太好了。请牵着杰拉德的手。棒极了!现在指着那些建筑。好极了!亲一下妈妈,杰拉德。太棒了!谢谢你,杰拉德。也谢谢您,范夫人。
Oh, my pleasure. We'll be looking for your book.
哦,不客气。我们会期待你的书出版。
Thank you. Good-bye. Bye, Gerald. Thanks again.
谢谢。再见。再见,杰拉德。再次感谢。
Oh, you're welcome.
哦,不用谢。
Hey, let me take your picture!
让我也给你拍张照吧!
Wonderful. Please.
太好了,请拍吧。
Are you from New York?
你是纽约人吗?
No, I'm from Greece. I'm an exchange student.
不是,我来自希腊。我是一名交换生。
When did you come here?
你什么时候来这里的?
Three months ago.
三个月前。
Your English is very good.
你的英语讲得非常好。
Thanks. I studied English in school.
谢谢。我在学校学过英语。
Would you like some coffee?
你想喝点咖啡吗?
No, thank you. Tell me about your book
不了,谢谢。给我讲讲你的书吧。
Oh, it's not finished yet, but I have some of the pictures. Would you like to see them?
哦,还没完成呢,但我这儿有一些照片。你想看看吗?
Yes, I'd like that.
是的,我想看。
Here they are. Family Album, U.S.A. It's an album of pictures of the United States:the cities, the special places, and the people. And these are pictures of people working:steelworkers, bankers, police, street vendors, ambulance drivers, doctors...Oh, this is my father. He's a doctor. This is my mother.
就在这儿。《走遍美国》。这是一本关于美国的影集:包括城市、名胜和人民。这些是人们工作的照片:炼钢工人、银行家、警察、摊贩、救护车司机、医生……噢,这是我父亲,他是医生。这是我母亲
What's her name?
她叫什么名字?
Ellen. My younger brother, Robbie. He goes to high school. This is my sister Susan. She works for a toy company.Here's my grandfather. He lives in Florida. And this is my wife Marilyn.
艾伦。我的弟弟罗比,他在上高中。这是我的妹妹苏珊,她在一家玩具公司工作。这是我的祖父,他住在佛罗里达州。这是我的妻子玛丽莲。
Oh, she's very pretty.
噢,她真漂亮。
Thanks. And what about your family?
谢谢。那你的家人呢?
They're in Thessaloniki. That's a large city in northern Greece. But now I'm living in the Bronx.
他们在塞萨洛尼基,那是希腊北部的一个大城市。但我现在住在布朗克斯区。
With a Greek-American family?
是住在一个希腊裔美国人家庭吗?
No. Hispanic.
不,是拉美裔家庭。
Oh no! It's thirty.Will you excuse me? I have to meet my wife.
哦不!快三点半了(对话中省略了half)。不好意思,我得失陪了,我得去接我妻子。
It was nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你。
It was a pleasure meeting you, too.Thanks for your help.And good luck! I've got to go. By the way. I'm Richard. What's your name?
我也很高兴见到你。谢谢你的帮忙。祝你好运!我得走了。顺便问一下,我叫理查德,你叫什么名字?
Alexandra.
亚历山德拉。
Bye-bye, Alexandra.Thanks.
再见,亚历山德拉。谢谢。
Bye-bye. Richard! Richard! You left your bag.
再见。理查德!理查德!你忘了拿包了!