第 1 集
· Shorts1Speaking of family.
说到家人,
My dad had a funny moment at the supermarket last week.
我爸上周在超市发生了一件很搞笑的事。
What is it with your family and supermarkets?
你们家和超市到底是怎么回事啊?
I don't know. We just have bad luck there.
我也不知道,我们在那儿总是倒霉。
Okay, tell me the story.
好吧,说来听听。
Well, my dad was looking for some specific spices for a soup he was making.
嗯,我爸当时在找做汤用的一些特定香料。
Spices can be hard to find if the store is big.
如果店很大的话,香料确实挺难找的。
Yeah. He saw a man wearing a red shirt,
对啊。他看到一个穿红色衣服的男人,
just like the store workers.
看起来就像超市员工一样。
Oh no, I think I know what happened.
哦不,我大概知道接下来发生什么了。
My dad went up to him and said, "Excuse me, where can I find the cinnamon?"
我爸走过去对他说:“不好意思,请问肉桂在哪儿?”
And was the man a worker?
那个人是员工吗?
No. He was just a normal guy shopping for fruit.
不是。他只是个来买水果的普通人。
What did the man say?
那他怎么说?
He looked at my dad, looked at his own shirt, and said,
他看了看我爸,又看了看自己衣服,说:
I don't know, man. I'm just here for the bananas.
“我也不知道啊兄弟,我只是来买香蕉的。”
That is so embarrassing.
太尴尬了吧。
My dad felt so bad.
我爸觉得特别不好意思。
He just turned around and walked away very fast.
他立刻转身,很快就走开了。
Did he find the cinnamon?
那他最后找到肉桂了吗?
No. He was too embarrassed to stay in the store.
没有,他太尴尬了,直接不敢待在店里了。
He came home with no spices.
他空着手回家了。