BBC
第 1 集第 1 集
第 1 集
BBC
相关单词
暂无关联单词
双语字幕
Hello and welcome to Real Easy English In this podcast, we have real conversations in easy English to help you learn.
大家好,欢迎收听《超简单英语》。在这个播客里,我们用简单的英语进行真实对话,帮助你学习。
I'm Georgie.
我是乔琪。
And I'm Beth.
我是贝丝。
You can find a video of this podcast and a worksheet to help you learn on our website, bbclearningenglish.com.
你可以在我们的网站 bbclearningenglish.com 上找到这期播客的视频和配套练习册。
Hi Beth. How are you today?
嗨,贝丝,你今天怎么样?
I'm good, thank you.
我挺好的,谢谢。
I am very busy.
我今天很忙。
I have a lot of meetings.
我有好多会议要开。
How are you?
你呢?
I'm OK, thank you, Beth, I don't have many meetings today.
我还好,谢谢。贝丝,我今天会议不多。
But today we are talking about meetings – in particular work meetings,
不过今天我们要聊的就是会议——特别是工作会议,
where you talk to colleagues and discuss ideas or make decisions.
就是跟同事交流、讨论想法或者做决定的那种。
That's right. OK.
没错,好的。
Shall we get started?
我们开始吧?
Yes. So, Beth, you have a lot of meetings today.
好的。那么,贝丝,你今天有很多会议。
Do you generally have a lot of meetings at work?
你平时工作中一般会议多吗?
It really depends on what I'm working on.
这真的得看我在做什么项目。
So, if I have a project where I need to meet a lot of people, then I might have quite a few meetings.
如果我在做一个需要跟很多人对接的项目,那会议就会比较多。
And that's why I'm busy now.
这就是我现在这么忙的原因。
But generally, we have a lot of...
但总体来说,我们有很多……
a few meetings together as a team, but I don't think we have loads of meetings.
我们团队会一起开几次会,但我觉得我们开的会并不多。
Compared to other jobs, I don't think we have many meetings.
跟其他工作比起来,我觉得我们的会议不算多。
Most of our work is producing things and editing and writing.
我们大部分的工作是做内容、剪辑和写作。
But you're right. When there are lots of big projects that we need to talk to other people on the project,
不过你说得对,当有很多大项目需要跟其他人对接的时候,
we have more meetings.
会议就会多一些。
But yeah, like you, it really depends.
但嗯,就像你说的,这真的要看情况。
So, when do you think meetings are useful?
那你觉得什么时候开会比较有用呢?
I think when you need to brainstorm.
我觉得需要头脑风暴的时候挺有用的。
So, a brainstorm is when you have lots of new ideas and you need to talk about them together.
所谓头脑风暴,就是大家一起抛出很多新想法,然后一起讨论。
I think then meetings are really useful because you hear lots of new ideas,
我觉得这种时候开会特别有意义,因为你能听到各种新想法,
and when you're in a room with other people, if, for example, I have an idea and you say, that's good,
而且大家坐在一起,比如我提了个想法,你说"不错",
and we can also do this and we can all work together, and I think those kind of meetings are really useful.
然后我们还可以这样做、那样配合,我觉得这类会议真的很有价值。
Yeah, I think that way of doing it is also more efficient.
对,我觉得这种方式效率也更高。
So, sometimes it's better to just have one hour, come up with ideas and decide on the ideas.
有时候与其反复发消息,不如就集中一个小时,把想法都提出来,当场拍板。
Yeah, definitely.
对,确实是这样。
Do you tend to speak up in meetings?
你在会议上一般会主动发言吗?
So, that means do you ask questions and feel confident to speak?
就是说,你会提问、敢于开口说话吗?
I think, if the meeting has lots of people, I find it a bit more stressful to speak up
我觉得如果会议人比较多,我就会有点紧张,不太敢开口,
because I get a bit nervous to speak in front of lots of people.
因为在很多人面前讲话我会有点怵。
But if it's a meeting with just our team, for example, you guys I like and trust,
但如果只是我们团队内部开会,比如你们这些我喜欢又信任的人,
I... I don't mind speaking up that much.
我……我不太介意发言。
And sometimes we have meetings in person.
有时候我们会面对面开会。
Sometimes you have meetings on a call.
有时候是电话会议。
So a video call. Do you prefer meeting in person or having calls?
就是视频通话。你更喜欢面对面开会还是打电话?
I think I prefer meetings in person because you can... you can kind of see
我觉得我更喜欢面对面开会,因为你可以……可以更直观地看到
the facial expressions and body language more easily, I think.
对方的面部表情和肢体语言。
And it's easier to know when a person wants to speak – these kinds of things.
而且也更容易判断什么时候对方想说话——这类事情。
Yeah. No, I agree with what you're saying.
对,我同意你说的。
A lot of the meetings that I have had recently have been with people in different time zones in different countries.
我最近开的很多会都是跟不同时区、不同国家的人开的。
So, definitely then a call is better because it's the best way to speak
所以那种情况下,打电话肯定更方便,因为这是最好的沟通方式,
without having to go to different countries.
而不用跑去不同的国家。
But I agree, I think it's nice to be able to see body language better in a face-to-face meeting,
不过我同意,面对面开会确实能更好地观察肢体语言,
but meetings on calls now are so normal that there's not loads of difference.
但现在电话会议已经太普遍了,两者差别其实没那么大。
It is also really nice to be able to take calls in your own house.
能在家里接电话开会也挺好的。
So, working from home can be really nice because you can have your snacks and drinks nearby.
所以居家办公真的很不错,因为零食和饮料就在手边。
So, yeah, they both have their pros and cons.
总的来说,两种方式各有利弊。
That's true.
确实。
OK. Let's recap the language we heard during the conversation, starting with 'brainstorm',
好,我们来回顾一下对话中出现的语言表达,先说"brainstorm"(集思广益),
which is when you get together with a group of people to come up with ideas.
就是和一群人聚在一起,共同想出各种点子。
If you 'speak up' in a meeting, you express your opinion using your voice.
如果你在会议中"speak up"(发言),就是用自己的声音表达观点。
In an 'in-person' meeting, everyone is in the same physical place.
"面对面"会议是指所有人都在同一个地方开会。
We can also call this a 'face-to-face' meeting.
我们也可以把它叫做"面对面"会谈。
And we also talked about 'having a call'.
我们还聊到了"打电话"这个说法。
This could be a phone call or a video call.
可以是打电话,也可以是视频通话。
And we can also describe this as a 'remote' meeting.
这种方式也可以叫做"远程"会议。
That's it for this episode of Real Easy English.
本期《轻松真实英语》就到这里啦。
Why not test what you've learned using the worksheet on our website, bbclearningenglish.com.
欢迎去我们的网站 bbclearningenglish.com 下载练习题,检验一下学习成果。
And we'll be back next week with another conversation in easy English.
我们下周还会带来更多轻松英语对话,敬请期待。
See you then.
下次见。
Goodbye!
再见!